CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Yamaha and Creative media Source Player   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 825 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Yamaha and Creative media Source Player Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Yamaha and Creative media Source Player - 1/15/2003 1:34:49 AM   
planks law

I have a Yamaha F1 writer and i also have the Audigy 2 soundcard,now when i use the Media Souce player that came with Audigy 2 and i want to burn a compilation cd it tells me that there is no supported device!!!,so i had a look in the settings menu and the part where it asks you which writer you would like to use is greyed out so i cannot choose the Yamaha as my writer.I am using the latest firmware for the writer and i have just installed the latest drivers for my soundcard.There is no problem with Music Match or Nero...Any idea's anyone?
Post #: 1
RE: Yamaha and Creative media Source Player - 1/15/2003 3:08:44 AM   
Clint

I've had this problem with Creative's Media Centre with the Audigy too. It's cause Creative haven't added support for your drive. Just about all my drives won't work with Creative's burning s/w for the reason they are too new for the proggy and Creative are too lazy to release updates to add more drives.

(in reply to planks law)
Post #: 2
RE: Yamaha and Creative media Source Player - 1/15/2003 3:14:03 AM   
planks law

Thats a pain in the arse!![V]it's not that im desparate for it to work,ive got Nero,it's the fact that if it's there it should work[:(!]
Thanks all the same mate

I haven't failed. I've found 10,000 ways that don't work!!!

(in reply to planks law)
Post #: 3
RE: Yamaha and Creative media Source Player - 1/15/2003 3:25:35 AM   
Clint

quote:
Originally posted by planks law

the fact that if it's there it should work[:(!]

My feelings exactly...

I will still get an Audigy 2, though, and sell of my Audigy. SBA2 is really one powerful card.. (not as if I would be worried if Creative's burning s/w doesn't work with the vast majority of newly released drives...) [}:)][B)]

(in reply to planks law)
Post #: 4
RE: Yamaha and Creative media Source Player - 1/15/2003 6:12:18 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Hey Planks
Do you want to buy another Audigy 2 I have got 33 of them going very Cheap !!! [}:)]

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to planks law)
Post #: 5
RE: Yamaha and Creative media Source Player - 1/15/2003 9:06:03 PM   
planks law

quote:
Originally posted by Clint

quote:
Originally posted by planks law

the fact that if it's there it should work[:(!]

My feelings exactly...

I will still get an Audigy 2, though, and sell of my Audigy. SBA2 is really one powerful card.. (not as if I would be worried if Creative's burning s/w doesn't work with the vast majority of newly released drives...) [}:)][B)]

It is a great card,i changed from a SB 4.1 to the SB Audigy 2 and boy what a difference...only thing is now ive got a decent soundcard it shows the shortfalls with my Creative 5300 Inspire speakers!!!95% there ok but every now and then certain tracks sound awful,a new decent set maybe in order after my holidays

(in reply to planks law)
Post #: 6
RE: Yamaha and Creative media Source Player - 1/15/2003 9:07:53 PM   
planks law

quote:
Originally posted by Laffin Assassin

Hey Planks
Do you want to buy another Audigy 2 I have got 33 of them going very Cheap !!! [}:)]

Hey L.A is it buy one get one free?!!! and do you do credit?

(in reply to planks law)
Post #: 7
RE: Yamaha and Creative media Source Player - 1/15/2003 11:11:01 PM   
trc1976

I also encountered the problem with Creative Meadia Source not recognizing my Yamaha F1. How frustrating!

However, I did discover a few updates for the Audigy 2, at least one of which addresses the issue with the Yamaha F1. I think another fixes some bug with the EAX console or something. Those updates can be found on Creative's Support page. Or you can try this link:

http://www.americas.creative.com/support/files/download.asp?Centric=279&OS=13

BUT - I have yet to sucessfully burn anything with Media Source. Even though the recorder is detected correctly with Media Source, the software's burning engine fails due to buffer underrun. Can you believe that?!

Any advice or feedback is welcome.

(in reply to planks law)
Post #: 8
RE: Yamaha and Creative media Source Player - 1/15/2003 11:42:07 PM   
nullvector

Same here...in my computer with the Audigy, the F1 isnt listed.

Im much more pleased with my Hercules GametheaterXP 7.1, ...it totally ownz the Audigy2 :)

(in reply to planks law)
Post #: 9
RE: Yamaha and Creative media Source Player - 1/16/2003 12:01:23 AM   
planks law

quote:
Originally posted by trc1976

I also encountered the problem with Creative Meadia Source not recognizing my Yamaha F1. How frustrating!

However, I did discover a few updates for the Audigy 2, at least one of which addresses the issue with the Yamaha F1. I think another fixes some bug with the EAX console or something. Those updates can be found on Creative's Support page. Or you can try this link:

http://www.americas.creative.com/support/files/download.asp?Centric=279&OS=13

BUT - I have yet to sucessfully burn anything with Media Source. Even though the recorder is detected correctly with Media Source, the software's burning engine fails due to buffer underrun. Can you believe that?!

Any advice or feedback is welcome.

Thanks very much trc1976,my Yam is now recognised ,and ive just tested it and was able to burn a cd,i'll probably never use again now,but that not point,why give you software if it doesn't work,it's a total wast of time for all concered

(in reply to planks law)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Yamaha and Creative media Source Player Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI