CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

HD confusion!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1079 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> HD confusion! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HD confusion! - 10/16/2004 1:41:22 PM   
chul2!

I am very new to this site, and there is just so much information to read that I can't figure it out. I read one thing here and then on another post it says the complete oposite! Anyway, my question is, What are the signifcant difference between HD Loader, and HD Advance? Which one is better? When do I need to use my computer to install games? Are there any stores that you would recommend for buying the HD Loader or HD Advance from? (or any other software similar to these) Do you know of any stores that I can buy from that aren't just online? Sorry for all the question, but I would appreciate it if someone could answer them. Thanks.
Edit: One more thing, is there any software out there that will allow me to network my computer to my PS2 so it can acess my PS2's HDD (then I don't have to keep moving the drive around). Also, could I use an external drive (I'd rather not since they are more expensive) by hooking it up to the PS2's USB port? Would it be considerably slower using either of the methods I described? Thanks (again).

< Message edited by chul2! -- 10/17/2004 12:13:18 AM >
Revisions: 1 | Post #: 1
RE: HD confusion! - 10/17/2004 11:12:18 AM   
NismoR34

Hd Advanced is an exact copy of HD Loader they just change the look

If you download a game you use your PC to put it on the HD or if you put the disc in your DVD drive and rip it or jus transfer it to you HDD

Maxtor hard drives is what you should go with a 60-120 GB thewy say anything bigger than 120 it wll not see all of the drive

There are programs like HDL Dumb to connect to your PC thru a network connection but i'm not sure if it works and there is another one i forgot the name

I dont think external HDD's work like that you are better off just buuying a Maxtor HDD

< Message edited by NismoR34 -- 10/17/2004 11:14:25 AM >

(in reply to chul2!)
Revisions: 1 | Post #: 2
RE: HD confusion! - 10/17/2004 1:11:45 PM   
emperor

NismoR34, more or less covered your questions, we *assume* that HD Advance is a copy of HD Loader, cause simply, HD Loader was the first product at the market with such features. About the networking features, there are such software, even personally haven't tested them yet

(in reply to NismoR34)
Post #: 3
RE: HD confusion! - 10/17/2004 4:36:45 PM   
chul2!

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> HD confusion! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages