CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Mt. Rainier Question?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 722 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Mt. Rainier Question? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mt. Rainier Question? - 1/4/2003 9:43:27 PM   
goofy

I recently upgraded my burner to a Memorex 52x24x52 on my Windows 98SE system. I have read about Mt. Rainier and it looks like a good feature. It is my understanding that Mt. Rainier is simply a new way to packet write to a CDRW. My new drive supports Mt. Rainier.

I have searched extensively and have found only one software, (WriteCD-RW! Pro), that comes out and says it uses the Mt. Rainier method of packet writing.

Am I missing something? Is there any other software that can be used to take advantage of Mt. Rainier? [?]

Post #: 1
RE: Mt. Rainier Question? - 1/4/2003 11:19:23 PM   
john

Ahead InCD or BSClip

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to goofy)
Post #: 2
RE: Mt. Rainier Question? - 1/5/2003 12:54:53 AM   
goofy

Thanks for the info. I now see where InCD will handle the new standards. Sometimes I get ahead of myself. I was thinking that Mt. Rainier had been out for a while and there would be a lot of programs to handle it.

I have been using Easy CD Creator Plat. It uses DirectCD. When I tried to load the Nero that came with my drive, I had an error message that told me to uninstall DirectCD before continuing. When I couldn't find an uninstall, I found out I would manually have to uninstall by hacking the registery, etc. Also uninstall Music Match Jukesbox.

I also read where a lot of people just have problems with packet writing, although DirectCD has worked pretty good for me.

So I guess I will take a couple of hours and uninstall a few programs and try out InCD.

Thanks again.[|)]

How do you write a zero in Roman Numberals?

(in reply to goofy)
Post #: 3
RE: Mt. Rainier Question? - 1/11/2003 2:07:22 AM   
rmunde

The latest version of DirectCD is Mt.Rainier-compatible with drives that support the Mt. Rainier standard so there is no need to uninstall DirectCD to get that support.

RMunde

(in reply to goofy)
Post #: 4
RE: Mt. Rainier Question? - 1/12/2003 4:08:46 AM   
goofy

Thanks. I have already uninstalled Easy CD & Direct CD and I am now using NERO. It works great![^]

How do you write a zero in Roman Numberals?

(in reply to goofy)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Mt. Rainier Question? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI