CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Update; Drawer Tray opening problem solved   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 846 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: Update; Drawer Tray opening problem solved Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Update; Drawer Tray opening problem solved - 4/28/2002 12:27:48 AM   
Josh Baker

has anyone had this problem with the 40x?

____
jOsH

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 65
RE: Update; Drawer Tray opening problem solved - 6/28/2002 10:32:19 PM   
soberer

I have been having the tray eject problem ever since I got this drive. I have 2 machines, one abit kt7a w/ 1.2ghz tbird and 1 epox forget the model # but it's a amd k6-2/500 (via chipset also). Same problem on both machines, Anytime I turn the machine off I end up in this situation where the drive is unusable because the tray wont stay shut. I had found for a while there if I booted up windows while it was disconnected, shutdown, reconnected the drive it would start working. Once it worked, as long as I never did a "hard" power off with the switch (it could shut down and power off ATX style) it would be fine, indefinitely.

This time I got fed up because my little trick hasn't been working, so I upgraded to the s54 bios, which appeared to flash ok, but the tray stayed open (it closed while it was flashing though). But, I haven't been able to get any of the newer bioses to upgrade. I'm not sure if they will fix my problem or not, but I would be interested if anybody has had similar problems and solved them? Thanks. My e-mail is sobererr@yahoo.com, but I'll check back here also. Thanks!

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 66
RE: Update; Drawer Tray opening problem solved - 7/29/2002 3:08:11 PM   
soberer

Just an update, I've fixed my 24102b. I was preparing to use the dos flasher since the windows flasher was giving me an error. I put it in another machine (ALSO with a via chipset) it immediately worked in this other machine, so I flashed to the 57 f/w put it back in my regular machine and haven't had a problem since. Good luck!

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 67
RE: Update; Drawer Tray opening problem solved - 7/29/2002 4:44:07 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi soberer
Thanks for the Info Mate !!
You also say " We have concluded that Lite-On have a quality control problem with their CDRW and have stopped using them for OEM builds. Telling a customer to take off their case cover and unplug IDE cables to fix a problem is NOT acceptable."

What you mean that Lite-on have quality control apart from the Customer !!!
You are not on your own I have heard a little Whisper that Dell are kicking them in to touch as well and with a company with Buying Power like them it is really going to hit them if this is true !!!

Laffin Assassin

Always remember to Pillage BEFORE you Burn

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 68
RE: Update; Drawer Tray opening problem solved - 1/2/2004 7:37:06 PM   
aseck

Hi pmcx9,

Thanks, I just followed your instructions and the problem was fixed. :-)

Aseck

(in reply to pmcx9)
Post #: 69
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: Update; Drawer Tray opening problem solved Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI