CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

64-bit Gaming Is Here!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1176 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> 64-bit Gaming Is Here! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
64-bit Gaming Is Here! - 9/30/2004 4:26:33 PM   
T3TRISizer

Ryan Shrout of PC Perspective has nab a copy of Shadow Ops to see if the 64 bit hype is all it is cracked up to be. Don't expect to see any benchmarks in this review as platform and drivers are still in their beta state. There are a ton of image quality shots to show the difference between 32 bit and 64 bit modes.

These additional items that were added into the 64-bit game are mostly "fluff" -- they add a bit of realism to the game -- but I see no reason why the same items could not have been added to the 32-bit version as well. There is certainly no technical reason for them to be omited. And while that "fluff" is by no means a bad thing, I would guess that it was added into the 64-bit only version either due to marketing desires from either Atari or AMD or purely for development time considerations.

Source : AnandTech
Post #: 1
RE: 64-bit Gaming Is Here! - 10/2/2004 4:14:45 AM   
Leibniz

lol they're right what a hoax.
Increasing the quality of the textures has nothing to do with running in 64bit mode.

(in reply to T3TRISizer)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> 64-bit Gaming Is Here! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI