CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

IT Security Adoption To Intensify In Asia/Pacific!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 588 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> IT Security Adoption To Intensify In Asia/Pacific! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
IT Security Adoption To Intensify In Asia/Pacific! - 9/30/2004 3:58:21 PM   
SiliconFreak

Security breaches lead inexorably to the implementation of a business continuity programme, survey finds.

A recent IDC report "Asia/Pacific Security and Business Continuity Services by Vertical Industry" shows that enterprises across various industries in Asia/Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ) are increasingly valuing the importance of IT security as enterprises perceive security to be a necessity and a centrepiece of their business continuity plans. IDC's Continuum Survey shows that an average of about 50 per cent of enterprises in APEJ have deployed at least some sort of IT security.

The range of investments and involvement fluctuate widely, ranging from low cost purchases of pirated antivirus products up to multi-million-dollar security implementations. One consistent trend, though, is that companies which have previous security breaches have made security a top priority for their organisation.

Among the array of IT solutions such as ERM, CRM, SCM, BI, security, storage, and wireless connectivity, security solutions has been ranked as the second most strategically important in the region after ERM. "In APEJ, security investment comes primarily from large and dominant industries such as financial, telecommunications and government," says Jessie Yu, Associate Market Analyst, IDC Asia/Pacific Security and Business Continuity Services. "The common characteristics of the above sectors are their data-sensitive business nature and their reliance on the "always on" network connectivity, where any downtime or security breach would induce detrimental consequences."

IDC's Continuum Survey also shows that most Asian enterprises take the day-to-day running of their communication networks and business continuity plans for granted. The survey shows that a surprising 29 per cent of public agencies do not have any business continuity plans in place, although they are aware that the loss of public information and the collapse of business controls could lead to irreversible adversities –such as loss of trust and reputation in front of the public. However, the extent of security deployment varies between industries, depending on the business nature of each industry. IDC estimates a strong 22 per cent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) in 2003-2008 for the APEJ security services market, but vendors still need to understand the market both vertically and geographically in order to exploit opportunities and gain market share.

For more information about purchasing the research, please contact Selina Ang at tel: +65-6228-7717 or sang@idc.com

Source : BusinessContinuityOnline
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> IT Security Adoption To Intensify In Asia/Pacific! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI