CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Xbox 2 Peripherals To Be Compatible With PCs!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1431 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Xbox 2 Peripherals To Be Compatible With PCs! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Xbox 2 Peripherals To Be Compatible With PCs! - 9/24/2004 4:54:28 PM   
T3TRISizer

Future Windows PCs to support Xbox controllers, Xbox Live, and XNA.

Microsoft's efforts to tie the Windows PC and Xbox platforms closer together have moved forward once more, with Windows Gaming boss Dean Lester revealing that Xbox 2 peripherals will work on PCs.

Speaking in an interview this week, Lester confirmed that "Xbox 2 peripherals will all work on PC," while the next version of Windows, currently codenamed Longhorn, will provide support for Xbox Live functionality.

The inclusion of Xbox Live functions in Windows isn't news - in fact, it was one of the first tangible benefits to be announced from the XNA programme, which aims to make cross-platform development across Microsoft's systems as easy as possible.

However, the cross-compatible controllers are new, and suggest that Xbox 2 will utilise the standardised joypad design which Lester and his team have been championing as a concept for Windows Gaming for some time.

The current generation Xbox peripherals use a "ruggedised" version of the USB standard to connect to the console, and third-party adapters have been made available which allow normal USB devices to be connected to the Xbox.

It seems likely, based on Lester's comments, that future Xbox peripherals will have the ability to plug directly into PC USB ports as well as into the more rugged ports on videogame consoles.

Source : GameSpot
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Xbox 2 Peripherals To Be Compatible With PCs! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI