CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Backing up DVD's...which drive & what media???   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 684 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Backing up DVD's...which drive & what media??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Backing up DVD's...which drive & what media??? - 9/23/2004 6:02:25 PM   
Zeral1ty

Hey guys!!!

I'm new here so forgive me for asking some really n00b questions!!! Firstly, I'm looking to buy a really good DVD writer to back up my collection of dvd movies. From what I've read here, the NEC 3500A seems to be the way to go. Any advice here??? The DVD backups would be watched on my independant DVD player. Also, what type of discs would I use to backup the movies...DVD+R, DVD-R??? I know that booktype settings are needed for DVD+R SL (for the NEC) but would the DVD backups still play on my independant player if I used DVD-R??? Any help would greatly be appreciated!!! Thanx for the excellent website!!!
Post #: 1
RE: Backing up DVD's...which drive & what media??? - 9/23/2004 10:30:46 PM   
arith

Zeral1ty, welcome.

NEC 3500 is a good choice. I think you have read most of the reviews and threads to make this decision.

I will say almost all (maybe 99%) of the DVD Players support DVD-R media, but only a few of newly designed DVD Players support DVD+R.

But with bitsetting process to set DVD+R's BookType to DVD-ROM, it's about 99% DVD-Players will be able to read them.

My personal suggestion for the media is........not to buy too many same brand same model/type's media, but try to buy more different medias and to test them, although this takes time

(in reply to Zeral1ty)
Post #: 2
[Deleted] - 9/24/2004 5:10:03 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to arith)
  Post #: 3
RE: Backing up DVD's...which drive & what media??? - 9/24/2004 4:49:12 PM   
digitaldoc

Second the opinion to use DVD+R discs with DVD-ROM booktype support. They have been compatible with all players I have tried. This includes a Sharp stand alone player that has DVD-R support, but not +R support.

TNL
LiteOn 1693S review
Plextor 740A review
BTC DVDRW 1008
LiteOn 852S

(in reply to Deleted User)
Post #: 4
RE: Backing up DVD's...which drive & what media??? - 9/24/2004 6:17:11 PM   
Zeral1ty

Thanx for all the help guys!!! Well...looks like I'm gonna go the NEC route!!! Just read the awesome review!!! Keep up the good work!!!

(in reply to digitaldoc)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Backing up DVD's...which drive & what media??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI