CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Samsung's HDD Warranty Now 5 Yrs !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 845 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Samsung's HDD Warranty Now 5 Yrs ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Samsung's HDD Warranty Now 5 Yrs ! - 9/23/2004 5:46:30 AM   
SiliconFreak

Samsung India has announced the extension of the warranty on its hard disk drive range.

Seagate had recently announced that it would increase its HDD warranty period to five years and now Samsung has followed suit. Samsung has also announced that it is extending its service footprint for storage products by setting up service centers in 60 cities across India.

Commenting on the announcement, Vivek Prakash, vice president, Samsung India, said, "This re-affirms Samsung India's commitment to the Indian market with number one market share position in the HDD business in India. Samsung HDD is recognized as the best in quality and service commitment. Not only have we extended the period of warranty, we are setting up a land mark in customer satisfaction levels by offering a same day zero Turn Around Time (TAT) to the customer."

This five-year warranty will be applied on all HDD with a manufacturing date of August 2004 onwards. The terms of the warranty would be replacement against any defective unit as per the normal terms of the warranty.

The warranty would entail a customer to get a replacement for a defect in the HDD for a period of five years from the date of manufacturer of the HDD, no proof of purchase, invoice would be required for this warranty. The warranty would be applicable on all Samsung HDD purchased from the authorized Samsung dealers.

The company announced the implementation of a zero Day turn around service on its Hard Disk Drives range. All HDD received by its service center before 12 noon on a particular day shall be returned to the customer within 24 hours.

On the increase of the service network to 60 locations, Prakash added, "With increasing PC penetration in smaller cities, Samsung India wants to provide the same service level to customers in smaller towns as it offers in large towns."

Source : TechTree
Post #: 1
RE: Samsung's HDD Warranty Now 5 Yrs ! - 9/23/2004 3:54:49 PM   
emperor

Good news for Samsung buyers

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: Samsung's HDD Warranty Now 5 Yrs ! - 9/23/2004 4:27:43 PM   
SiliconFreak

WD Caviar RULLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 3
RE: Samsung's HDD Warranty Now 5 Yrs ! - 9/23/2004 5:41:58 PM   
sp

The fact is that after a seasonal retreat in the number of years waranty major hard disk manufacturers are offering to their products, we come back again to 3+ years from most of them.

WM # CI

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Samsung's HDD Warranty Now 5 Yrs ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI