CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Doom 3 Launch Pushes Demand For AGP8X Graphics Chips!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 443 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> Doom 3 Launch Pushes Demand For AGP8X Graphics Chips! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Doom 3 Launch Pushes Demand For AGP8X Graphics Chips! - 9/22/2004 6:11:14 PM   
SiliconFreak

The recent launch of Doom 3 has helped increase demand for high-end AGP8X graphics cards in the channel and this has pushed ATI Technologies and Nvidia to ramp up production of AGP8X models, according to sources in the channel.

ATI has placed an additional order for 1,400 wafer starts at Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) to manufacture its Radeon 9800-series graphics chips, built using a 0.15-micron process, the sources stated.

With the additional order, ATI will be able to deliver about 70,000 Radeon 9800 chips in November. Radeon 9800 graphics cards will target the US$170-200 sub-segment, the sources noted.

Nvidia plans to market a low-priced version of its GeForce FX5900-series graphics chip supporting AGP8X in the fourth quarter, according to the sources.

Source : DigiTimes
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> Doom 3 Launch Pushes Demand For AGP8X Graphics Chips! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI