CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

ATI's Catalyst AI !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 358 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> ATI's Catalyst AI ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ATI's Catalyst AI ! - 9/21/2004 3:09:32 PM   
SiliconFreak

Beyond3D has taken a look at Catalyst AI which was launched today along with the Radeon X700 PCIe GPU:

The slider function is actually to control ATI's texture filtering optimisations. If Catalyst AI is enabled and the slider is in the low setting the texture optimisations that are the current default with X800, X600, X300 and 9600/9550 remain in place on those boards as they did in the default setting of previous drivers. If you move the slider to "High" a more "intelligent", complex algorithm will be used to analyse the textures and choose the best texture filtering options (within the framework of your, or the applications requests) for the particular textures that are being sampled. The "High" setting can deliver performance increases when the application is graphics limited, however it may require more CPU cycles in order for it to work.

Source : AnandTech
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> ATI's Catalyst AI ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI