CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

NSW Government Sets Linux Tender Release Date !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1207 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Linux News >> NSW Government Sets Linux Tender Release Date ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
NSW Government Sets Linux Tender Release Date ! - 9/20/2004 6:45:35 AM   
LinuxMarshall

The closely-watched whole-of-government NSW Linux tender is now set for release on 29 September, state government officials said today.

The AU$40 million-plus tender, being managed through the state Department of Commerce, had previously been shifted to a mid-September release after being delayed from a provisional date of 30 August.

Last week the tender notification remained on the Web site with no indication of any change to the mid-September date and a closing date still listed of 5pm Friday 17 September. In what appeared to be just a holding move, officials late Thursday shifted that closing date to 21 September.

The tender documentation, which encompasses supply of enterprise-level Linux system software, application software and associated services for desktop and server environments, is believed to still be awaiting sign-off from senior departmental officials.

ZDNet Australia understands the latest delay is -- as was the previous delay -- due to the complexities of pulling together meetings with interested agencies and suppliers, filtering the feedback and tweaking the documentation rather than making any massive change to the tender specifications. Officials said the government wanted to ensure it cleaned up the documentation as much as possible in the first instance rather than subsequently issue a raft of amendments in response to queries from the industry.

The release of the documentation and receipt of responses will allow the state government to pull together a panel of suppliers.

Source : ZDNET
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Linux News >> NSW Government Sets Linux Tender Release Date ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI