CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Who makes Verbatium 48X media?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1351 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> Who makes Verbatium 48X media? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Who makes Verbatium 48X media? - 12/16/2002 4:39:59 PM   
cross56

I'm thinking about buying the 48X media from Sams Club and i'm wondering who makes the Verbatium 48X media? With my 24X Liteon I used the 16X Verbatiums and they burned awesome. I believe they were Mitsubishi. Also Imation usually burns pretty good. Who makes the 48X Imation now? Any help would be great.
Post #: 1
RE: Who makes Verbatium 48X media? - 12/17/2002 2:06:12 AM   
john

Verbatim 48X comes again from Mitsubishi Chemicals, while the 48X Imation from CMC Magnetics

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to cross56)
Post #: 2
RE: Who makes Verbatium 48X media? - 12/25/2002 3:22:14 AM   
adelphia83

The 48X approved Verbatim Datalife Plus found at Sam's club is indeed Mitsubishi Chemicals. It is using the super Azo dye, which looks comparable to other cyanine dyes (a bland blue, almost greyish). These discs have worked great for me, and they are very cheap at most stores (15$ for a 50 spindle, 24$ for 100).

There are also some Datalife plus's sold at Sam's club that are colored on the top label, and rated up to 32X, that are using the Metal Azo dye, which is a really dark blue, and much cooler in my opinion. They come in 50 packs with colored slim jewel cases. I have had terrific results with these discs. If they are around the same price, I'd opt for the latter.

Liteon 52x32x52 Black
NEC 2510A

(in reply to cross56)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> Who makes Verbatium 48X media? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI