CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Intel Pentium 4 560 Review!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 419 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> Intel Pentium 4 560 Review! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Intel Pentium 4 560 Review! - 9/16/2004 6:31:51 AM   
SiliconFreak

Based on what we've seen today, it would appear that the Pentium 4 is the application benchmark winner, and the Athlon 64 is the gaming winner. While this is what happened with the benchmarks, it does not always tell the full story. Truth be told, both the P4 560 and Athlon 64 will provide a decent experience no matter what you're doing on your PC.

What isn't clear with what we've seen today is the P4 560's quickness in certain areas that cannot be benchmarked. I can state that Windows XP seems to load up a lot quicker on the P4 560. I didn't time it, since both processors use completely different motherboards (hence, different onboard peripherals that need to initialize at POST), but once we passed the logon screen, all the small memory resident files loaded up almost instantly on the P4 560. On the Athlon 64, there was a noticeable delay, though we're only talking about three to five seconds.

Click here for Full Review...

Source : ViperLair

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Intel Pentium 4 560 Review! - 9/20/2004 5:22:25 AM   
sp

All AMD's perform very, very weakly on multithreaded server applications, as it seems they use very poorly their own cache implementation.

WM # CI

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: Intel Pentium 4 560 Review! - 9/20/2004 6:09:57 AM   
SiliconFreak

yes! So I guess the best sollution would be to make some united (Intel-AMD) CPU (with best characteristics from both of them)......because in that case users would have the fastest applications speeds (from Intel's side)...and...best gaming speeds (at which AMD seems to be little faster)...

I really wonder why noone can make both parts (application & gaming) to be the fastest in single CPU!?...they cant or they wont? ....

Because(my opinion), if Intel would now (when they said they could made chips to have some 30% more transistors - going from 130nm to 90nm process) put some 20% more transistors to be responsible for better&faster gaming specifications, and put those remaining 10% more transistors into improved applications specifications...I guess it would gain both top performances...the application one + gaming !!! But I just know that this will never happen...so thats what makes me wonder whats behind all those "stories"...

(in reply to sp)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> Intel Pentium 4 560 Review! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI