CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

AMD Athlon 64 FX-53 Review!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 991 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> AMD Athlon 64 FX-53 Review! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AMD Athlon 64 FX-53 Review! - 9/14/2004 7:49:31 PM   
SiliconFreak

When it comes to upgrades, I generally use the rule of 10. If a new product offers at least a 10% increase in performance, then it is worthy of being a replacement for the old components. The number 10 comes into play because as a general rule, you will be able to actually notice (without benchmarking tools) increases in performance when they come in at about 10% or higher. It goes without saying that this Athlon 64 FX-53 processor fits well into this category.

But you still have to be able to account for the higher than average entry fee. For this, consider several things. First off, the newer generation 64-bit processors are going to be the next wave for the general public. Whether you like it or not, it will happen. From the viewpoint of the enthusiast it will happen even faster. Next up is the s939 variety of processor we’re looking at today. AMD has already stated that the s940 will phase out and the s754 will be used as the value line, so our upgrade path is already looking good for future purchases for at least the next few years according to AMD.

FULL REVIEW...

- Pros
Great performance
Onboard memory controller
s939 design for future upgradability
Fastest chip in town for gamers
64-bit processor

- Cons
Very expensive

Source : TweakTown

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> AMD Athlon 64 FX-53 Review! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI