CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Symantec Under Attack From MyDoom!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1400 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Symantec Under Attack From MyDoom! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Symantec Under Attack From MyDoom! - 9/14/2004 5:29:40 PM   
SiliconFreak

Virus writers are targeting Symantec's Web site with a coordinated denial-of-service attack

Antivirus firm Symantec is facing a denial-of-service attack on its Web site from the latest version of the MyDoom worm.

Authors of MyDoom.X have planned the coordinated attack for 29 September this year.

A spokeswoman from Symantec said: "The team is currently analysing this. They haven't received a single submission yet, which indicates that it's not a big problem and there's no need to panic. We are being vigilant about this."

According to antivirus firm Sophos, the worm is not widespread. Sophos warned its customers about the worm this morning.

"It shows the animosity that's going on at the moment," said Graham Cluley, senior technology consultant for Sophos. "An attack like this is clearly criminal and these people need to be reprimanded. It shouldn't bring down someone like Symantec though."

Source : ZDNET UK
Post #: 1
RE: Symantec Under Attack From MyDoom! - 9/15/2004 7:35:26 AM   
sp

If the virus was a regular application, the inclusion of Symantec's name would be considered advertizing.
Or is this really the case?...:)))

< Message edited by sp -- 9/15/2004 7:41:06 AM >

WM # CI

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: Symantec Under Attack From MyDoom! - 9/15/2004 11:47:39 AM   
SiliconFreak

Could be! Because in todays crazy world nothing is impossible!!

(in reply to sp)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Symantec Under Attack From MyDoom! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI