CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Quake 4 Preview Hits Net !!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1211 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Quake 4 Preview Hits Net !! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Quake 4 Preview Hits Net !! - 9/14/2004 5:10:48 PM   
T3TRISizer

I didn't see this one coming, but there is a preview of Quake 4 for subscribers of PC Gamer magazine that will be hitting the newsstands Sept 21. Some screen shots of the game has made its way onto the net over at gengamers. The game will be built upon the Doom 3 engine, and will be developed by Raven Soft. Details of the game where found over at Shacknews.

- Quake 4 is a direct sequel to Quake 2, takes place just hours after the event of that game.
- During most of the game, you are fighting with other marines, however there will be solo missions.
- Some missions take place inside, others outside. You'll get to use vehicles at times.
- You're part of a military campaign attacking the Strogg homeworld.
- Returning weapons so far: blaster, machine gun, nailgun, shotgun.
- Multiplayer: "The multiplayer experience is more akin to Quake III: Arena", no vehicles.
- "With Doom 3 it was horror. With Quake IV, it's war."

Source : AnandTech
Post #: 1
RE: Quake 4 Preview Hits Net !! - 9/15/2004 7:39:06 AM   
sp

I am afraid I will have to accept a graphics display upgrade by minos, I turned back last time...:))

< Message edited by sp -- 9/15/2004 7:46:19 AM >

WM # CI

(in reply to T3TRISizer)
Post #: 2
RE: Quake 4 Preview Hits Net !! - 9/15/2004 12:33:41 PM   
SiliconFreak

And what was that? GF6800 Ultra? Or are You ATI fan like most of us? I believe that for DOOM3 there was no need to change Graphic card...it just isnt worth it...i mean...it is good game...but not THATTTT good!...and i believe the makers put some code inside to first check which card does the user have...and if it is identified as ATI...then...add some 50ms of lag between each two frames....... Thats the only thinkable explanation of such bad results from radeon cards...because if we check all other tests and aspects...we saw that radeon is better player... Well nevermind...ATI will strike back (as it always does)...dont worry...and then...i dont want to have that crappy 6800ultra in my case to remind me on old glory days...

So...unless You really have some Rage3D card I dont believe You should upgrade just for one single game...(altough i also believe its gonna be great! - but then again...thats what we all though for DOOM3 )

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

(in reply to sp)
Post #: 3
RE: Quake 4 Preview Hits Net !! - 9/20/2004 5:41:16 AM   
sp

I think I am currently using a built-in SIS card, so any pci added graphics will be a reinesance for my pc!

WM # CI

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 4
RE: Quake 4 Preview Hits Net !! - 9/20/2004 5:56:34 AM   
SiliconFreak

Glbb...then maybe its really time to change Your card...at least to buy some with 128 or 256MB of RAM...they are kinda cheap those days ...or...wait few more months till Radeon X800Xt and 6800Ultra's prices drop a bit and buy one then...

(in reply to sp)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Quake 4 Preview Hits Net !! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI