CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Microsoft To Launch X-Box In India!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 820 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Microsoft To Launch X-Box In India! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Microsoft To Launch X-Box In India! - 9/13/2004 4:12:38 PM   
WinThusiast

Microsoft Corporation will launch its video games system X-Box in the Indian market soon, says Yolanda Chan, Microsoft's Regional Sales Director, Asia and Greater China.

"We are studying the possibility of launching X-Box in India. We are exploring the market and the launch could be sometime in near future," Yolanda Chan, Regional Sales Director, Asia and Greater China, Microsoft Home and Entertainment Division said.

"For a product like X-Box to be successful in a market certain perquisites like good broadband penetration is a must. We are talking to internet service providers, developers and gaming enthusiasts and exploring the market for launching X-Box in India," she said.

"The X-Box has done really well in markets where boardband penetration is good. In India broadband penetration is small but a little increase in percentage can create a market that will be large enough," Chang said.

X-Box, which was launched worldwide in 2000 as a competitor to a similar product Playstation by Japanese consumer durable giant Sony, has been a big success in certain Asian countries like Singapore and Taiwan.

First available only as a console, it also has an internet version X-Box live that enables gamers to play the game online.

Though X-Box is not available in India, Microsoft is shipping some of the games that come with the console.

Source : SiliconIndia
Post #: 1
RE: Microsoft To Launch X-Box In India! - 9/13/2004 4:52:28 PM   
sp

Any product that wishes to be succesfull in india should be priced for india, not us!
(This essentially means it should be provided almost for free...:))

< Message edited by sp -- 9/13/2004 4:53:39 PM >

WM # CI

(in reply to WinThusiast)
Post #: 2
RE: Microsoft To Launch X-Box In India! - 9/14/2004 4:24:45 AM   
SiliconFreak

Yes! And that means $1 per such unit...and not $100!!! I need to relocate there ASAP!

But then again...there are some very wealthy people in India also! So this toy is gonna be for their children...and for such people it doesnt matter if it costs $1 or $1000...as long as it keeps their little ones happy...

(in reply to sp)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Microsoft To Launch X-Box In India! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI