CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Canon PowerShot S70 Review!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1454 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> Canon PowerShot S70 Review! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Canon PowerShot S70 Review! - 9/13/2004 7:34:32 AM   
SiliconFreak

The Powershot S70 is the "big brother" of the 6.0 megapixel PowerShot S60 and is aimed at the advanced user who wants full photographic control in a compact digital camera with very high resolution. The S70 combines a 7.1-megapixel imager with the same Canon 3.6x wide angle zoom lens used on the S60, it covers a 35mm equivalent of 28-100mm. This is a very high quality aspherical glass lens that produces image quality the equal of that found in the much larger professional cameras. And all of this state of the art imaging power is housed in a very compact, stylish and durable, two-toned dark metallic and black body.

The 3.6x lens features Canon’s exclusive Ultra High Refractive Index Aspherical technology, called UA Lens technology for short, which produces outstanding sharpness and clarity while at the same time allowing the camera body to be even thinner and more compact than previous models with smaller zoom ratios. The 28mm zoom setting makes real estate photography, group photos and travel photography much easier, while the UA technology produces crystal clear image quality at all focal lengths.
FULL REVIEW...

Powershot S70 Features:
- 7.1-megapixel CCD with RGB primary color filters
- Image sizes of 7MP, 5MP, 3MP, 2MP, VGA
- JPEG compressed, Canon raw and JPEG+RAW image capture
- Canon 3.6x f/2.8-5.3 wide angle zoom (28-100mm in 35mm format)
- 1.8-inch color LCD viewfinder/monitor
- ISO settings of Auto, 50, 100, 200 or 400
- Shutter speeds from 15 secs to 1/2000
- Noise reduction for 1.3 sec or longer time exposures
- Continuous image capture at 2 frames per second
- Program AE (with Program Shift), Shutter-priority, Aperture-priority and Manual.
- Image Zone modes: Portrait, Landscape, Night Scene, Fast Shutter, Slow Shutter, Stitch Assist and Movie.
- Movie capture with sound, 640x480 (30 secs.), 320x240 or 160x120 (3 mins.)
- Exposure Metering: Center-Weighted Average, Spot, and Evaluative
- Manual focus with distance readout and the portion of the image covered by the active focusing point is enlarged while focusing.
- 9-point AF with focus-assist illuminator
- User-selectable exposure compensation, flash exposure compensation, auto exposure bracketing and white balance
- Playback histogram function with over-exposure warning
- CompactFlash Type II slot compatible with Microdrives
- Canon NB-2LH lithium rechargeable battery pack

Source : Steves-Digicams

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> Canon PowerShot S70 Review! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI