CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Using Video In eBay And Yahoo Auctions!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 668 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> Using Video In eBay And Yahoo Auctions! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Using Video In eBay And Yahoo Auctions! - 9/12/2004 10:33:53 AM   
SiliconFreak

We know that including photos in auction descriptions usually boosts sales, but rolling out soon is something that just might vault us to the next level of seller credibility: videos.

Inspired by a longtime interest in video technologies, Greg Ellis, founder and CEO of Auction Video Inc., perceived a need for eBay and Yahoo online auction sellers: the ability to demonstrate their products to potential buyers.

He and Kunio Toma, an experienced and successful Asian-market telecommunications developer, brainstormed and created the technology for videos that can be used within online auction descriptions. Ellis said, "We wanted to ensure that it would work well and be easy to use, so our beta testers were people who didn't like computers." According to Ellis, the beta testers loved it. Another criterion: "The auction video product had to be super cool."

A visit to http://www.auctionvideo.com shows just how super cool. Here you can watch a demo video in the same format being developed for online auctions. Locate the small but wholly practical video box, click on the blue "play" button, and, unfettered by clumpy downloads or annoying dialog boxes, watch a 60-second sample video.

Auction Video was created in 2003 and launched at eBay Live this past June. Auction Video has launched several partnerships, among them being Kompolt http://www.kompolt.com, an online auction agency. Kompolt worked with Auction Video during the Grammys in February, hoping to gauge the response from using an auction video.
Full story...

Source : AuctionBytes
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> Using Video In eBay And Yahoo Auctions! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI