CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Argh, It's Not TY!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 539 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> Argh, It's Not TY! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Argh, It's Not TY! - 9/9/2004 5:12:04 PM   
monkuboy

I've purchased a lot of Fujifilm media in the past and they've always been made by TY. I made sure of this by buying from brick and mortar stores where I could see where the media was manufactured. Well, I took a chance and ordered a 100-pack spindle of Fujifilm 8x DVD-R from Newegg this week and it was delivered today. I opened the box, looked at the package and saw that these discs were made in... Taiwan.

I'm at the office and haven't opened the package yet. Before I do and make them unsaleable/unreturnable, does anyone know who makes the Fujifilm DVD-R's that are made in Taiwan? Are they any good? Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Argh, It's Not TY! - 9/9/2004 5:38:51 PM   
GenAn

Those are most likely made by Prodisc using Fujifilm dye, media code Fujifilm03. They're pretty decent discs actually, from all I've seen/read.

(in reply to monkuboy)
Post #: 2
RE: Argh, It's Not TY! - 9/9/2004 6:40:03 PM   
emperor

Yes correctly, the new Fujilim 03 media are not bad, but not TY

(in reply to GenAn)
Post #: 3
RE: Argh, It's Not TY! - 9/10/2004 9:48:06 AM   
monkuboy

I opened up the package and first thing I noted was that these discs seem to be of lower quality than the Fuji's made by TY. The edges are not as smooth, the discs seem lighter (just a little bit thinner? They seem flimsier), and I noticed the dye on one of them had bled or wasn't put on properly and was splattered on the hub. I didn't have time to try to record on them because it was late but I did check to see the code and it comes up as "Prodisc F01."

So did I get a bum deal or do you think these will be okay? Of course nothing is better than trying it for myself but that will have to wait until tonight since I'm at work now. Plus when I see Rima.com sells Prodisc 8X for $40/100 and I just paid $72/100 at Newegg, I don't feel so good! *sigh* I guess not all Fuji sold in So Cal is made by TY..

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 4
RE: Argh, It's Not TY! - 9/10/2004 10:59:19 AM   
emperor

We don't have here Prodisc F01 discs, how about try them and let us know

(in reply to monkuboy)
Post #: 5
RE: Argh, It's Not TY! - 9/10/2004 11:09:55 AM   
monkuboy

Okay, I'll be the guinea pig. I'm just kind of wary after physically inspecting these discs - they TY's are noticeably better-made. But I am also thinking that Fuji wouldn't put out a bad product, so I'm curious to give them a try.

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 6
RE: Argh, It's Not TY! - 9/10/2004 11:40:29 AM   
emperor

correct, TY media is better manufactured, hopefully you media will also perform well, let us know about this

(in reply to monkuboy)
Post #: 7
RE: Argh, It's Not TY! - 9/23/2004 6:10:09 PM   
monkuboy

I have burned about 20 of the Prodisc F01 Fujifilm brand media and have not had any coasters yet. I haven't done any testing on them but I do see when using DVD Decrypter that they burn up to 8x. So all seems to be okay, although psychologically I still feel more comfortable with TY media. I wound up buying another 100 pack of 8x TY from Rima.com for $75 so at least I have those on hand, too.

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> Argh, It's Not TY! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI