CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Ok, now what is the problem =[[[[[[[[[[   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 449 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> Ok, now what is the problem =[[[[[[[[[[ Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ok, now what is the problem =[[[[[[[[[[ - 12/7/2002 6:20:12 PM   
GizmoChubs

After extensive research and discussion I gathered considerable information about CDR Media from various sites.

I was using Imation (CMC) media all this time and it gave me thousands of errors with CDSpeed. I decided to buy "Creativ" media, manufactured by Ritek (dye 7, which is supposed to be good).

anyway, the thing is..

when I used that media to burn stuff on my cousin's PC, it burnt fine without any errors. CDSpeed didnt report ANY errors!

But then, when I used this same media on my PC... I got thousands of errors, especially towards the end of the CD Quality check process.

So, the problem is definately not the media!

I use LiteOn 2410B and s507 firmware. My cousin uses the Plextor 16x. We both use Nero.

Please help

Very frustrated.
Post #: 1
RE: Ok, now what is the problem =[[[[[[[[[[ - 12/7/2002 6:42:06 PM   
GizmoChubs

I did noticed something interesting when I was using Nero on my cousin's PC..... sometimes after burning a CD I got this message like "buffer udnerrun error was encountered x times"... inspite of this, none of the CDs reported any errors while using CDSpeed..
On the other hand, I have never got such a message when I used Nero..

(in reply to GizmoChubs)
Post #: 2
RE: Ok, now what is the problem =[[[[[[[[[[ - 12/7/2002 9:43:25 PM   
GizmoChubs

upgrade firmware to 5s5a, still I get thousands of errors!

(in reply to GizmoChubs)
Post #: 3
RE: Ok, now what is the problem =[[[[[[[[[[ - 12/7/2002 9:58:29 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

Imation media is bad, in fact, it's hard to find CD-Rs that are worse then Imation! As for Ritek, they can be good, or bad, it's hard to say without knowing the disc. If you have a LiteON, try using the CD Doctor, it's MUCH more accurate then Nero CD Speed. Also, just because the results are different on different drives, doesn't mean the media is good. Nero CD Speed reports C2 errors, and it can only report these errors if the drive can read them well. LiteON's read C2 errors very well in most cases. Try getting some high quality CD-Rs and seeing how they turn out. Look for Taiyo Yuden, they can be found in Fuji CD-Rs made in Japan.

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to GizmoChubs)
Post #: 4
RE: Ok, now what is the problem =[[[[[[[[[[ - 12/9/2002 1:11:58 PM   
rjw

The problem is that these guy can hardly get any TY.
So how do we find out if it is the burner or the disc's ?
Okay I read some more posts from your hand it seems to be the system itself. Have you tried a clean install yet ?

If he could post the media he can get then I might be able to find out if there is any media he can use to see if it is the drive or the disc's.

(in reply to GizmoChubs)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> Ok, now what is the problem =[[[[[[[[[[ Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI