CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

ATI's Reply to NVIDIA's Doom3 Card!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 589 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> ATI's Reply to NVIDIA's Doom3 Card! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ATI's Reply to NVIDIA's Doom3 Card! - 9/2/2004 6:40:53 PM   
SiliconFreak

ATI Technologies Inc is all set to unveil its newest mainstream card better known as X700. This has come into the scene after NVIDIA Corporation started promoting its soon to be released mainstream 6600 series cards touted as Doom 3 card.

The previous generation of mainstream card from ATI is X600 series, which is in fact the 9600 series with the PCI Express interface. The X600s four pipelines cards does not stand a chance against the eight pipelines 6600 cards which is reported to have nearly 8000 score in 3D Mark 2003 where as the eight pipeline ATI Radeon 9800XT gives around 6000 score.

ATI will come up with two version of X700 which will be a direct competitor to NVIDIA's 6600 and 6600GT. The final clock speed of the X700 series of card is still not decided yet, and is rumored that ATI is waiting for the final benchmarks of the NVIDIA's 6600 series inorder to adjust their clock speed to match their performance to it's competitor.

The X700 cards will be available for pre-testing to the press by the third week of September and will be released officially to the public during the month of October.

Source : TechTree
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> ATI's Reply to NVIDIA's Doom3 Card! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI