CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

IBM ThinkPad T42 Review!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1399 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> IBM ThinkPad T42 Review! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
IBM ThinkPad T42 Review! - 9/1/2004 4:46:24 AM   
SiliconFreak

The IBM ThinkPad T42 with Flexview is a damnably frustrating machine. It’s not that it’s a bad computer. Quite the opposite, it’s easily one of the best thin-and-light business laptops on the market.

It’s built like a tank, wrapped in IBM’s rock-solid case that folds to a slim 1.2 inches. The screen is gorgeous, one of the best 15-inch displays you’ll see on a notebook. The keyboard, long an IBM strong suit, is easily the best around. This T42 isn’t the best performing laptop you’ll find, but should be more than adequate for most users.
Full Review...

Conclusion:
True to IBM’s name, the Flexview T42 is a great machine for business applications – word processing, number crunching, reading documents, creating spreadsheets, etc. It’s hard to say enough about the build quality and how wonderful it is to use the machine for many common tasks, provided you’re near a power outlet.

The battery and ghosting should be addressed, but like an attractive woman in bad shoes, the T42’s flaws are glaring only because the rest of it is so damn great. If IBM would ship a bigger battery or otherwise improve power management, this would be the ideal computer for many users. Improve the screen, and it’s the perfect thin-and-light.

Source : NotebookReview

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> IBM ThinkPad T42 Review! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI