CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Fuji Blimp Helps With Convention Security!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 883 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Fuji Blimp Helps With Convention Security! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fuji Blimp Helps With Convention Security! - 8/31/2004 11:17:02 AM   
SiliconFreak

At the closely guarded Republican National Convention, even the Fujifilm Blimp has a role in security. Fuji Photo Film USA Inc., the Valhalla, N.Y.-based U.S. arm of the Japanese film maker, is allowing the New York Police Department use of the blimp to bolster aerial patrols above Madison Square Garden.

Police officials refused to say how the blimp was being used, but Fujifilm spokesman Tom Shay confirmed Monday that NYPD officers were on board, free of charge, at the department's request.

The company has worked previously with law enforcers since the 2001 terror attacks, allowing counterterror officers aboard the blimp during high-profile events like the U.S. Open tennis tournament and New York's annual Fleet Week military celebration.

``When it's been possible to provide the blimp for surveillance, we've done that,'' Shay said. ``We normally would be flying anyway at the convention to give our brand name exposure.''

Source : The Associated Press
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Fuji Blimp Helps With Convention Security! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI