CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Samsung Phones To Contain Near-Field Chips!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 966 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Samsung Phones To Contain Near-Field Chips! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Samsung Phones To Contain Near-Field Chips! - 8/31/2004 11:12:57 AM   
SiliconFreak

Philips said Monday that Samsung Electronics will deploy cellular phones that include Philips' Near-Field Communications technology for short-range transmission of data.

NFC is sometimes seen as a competitor to Bluetooth, although the NFC technology is too slow and too short-range to do anything more than limited communication. However, its specifications -- 212 kilobits per second at distances of about eight inches -- have been seen by some as well suited for mobile point-of-sale communications. There's no danger of losing personal information, they argue, to a receiver across the room.

"We envision a world of secure universal commerce and connectivity in which consumers can access and pay for physical and digital services anywhere, at any time, using any device," said Mario Rivas, executive vice president, communications businesses, Philips Semiconductors, in a statement. "Philips is committed to bringing this vision of the ultimate connected consumer experience through NFC technology innovations and industry collaborations with market leaders such as Samsung."

Source : ExtremeTech
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Samsung Phones To Contain Near-Field Chips! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI