CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Abiword Releases "Stable" Version Of Free Word Processor!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 529 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Software News >> Abiword Releases "Stable" Version Of Free Word Processor! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Abiword Releases "Stable" Version Of Free Wor... - 8/31/2004 10:48:36 AM   
LinuxMarshall

The AbiWord project has announced a new "stable" version of its popular open source word processing suite. The project describes AbiWord as a "no-frills word processor without all the extras that make its competitors such space and memory hogs." Abiword is cross-platform, open source software, and is available under the GNU General Public License (GPL).

Abiword gained a following once its original creator, SourceGear Corporation, released the source code -- Abisource -- to the community. The project then had a dozen or more developers to help it become an open source word processor, and the number of developers working on the project has topped hundreds over the ensuing years.

Software bugs are addressed in the new release, including fixes for possible document corruption when inserting images, an erroneous message that states "Word document is password protected," and other import improvements, according to the development team.

Not only can you now use the stable version of Abiword, but you can help the project by writing portions of the program or submitting bug reports. The project also seeks monetary donations.

Versions Abiword for Windows, Unix, Linux, and other operating systems are available for download HERE. Screenshots of are located HERE.

Source : DesktopLinux
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Software News >> Abiword Releases "Stable" Version Of Free Word Processor! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI