CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

ViewSonic and BenQ: LCD monitors with 8ms response time to be mainstream in 1Q 05!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 737 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> ViewSonic and BenQ: LCD monitors with 8ms response time to be mainstream in 1Q 05! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ViewSonic and BenQ: LCD monitors with 8ms response time... - 8/30/2004 5:57:32 PM   
SiliconFreak

If you're looking for more manufactures to come out with faster flat panel displays, then your prayers will be answered by the beginning of next year according to the folks at Viewsonic and BenQ:

ViewSonic and BenQ will release 17-inch LCD monitors with an 8ms response time next month, and both companies expect 8ms models to become mainstream in the first quarter of 2005, according to the companies.

ViewSonic plans to introduce two or three models with an 8ms response time in the fourth quarter of this year, while focusing on models with 16- and 12ms response times. The company expects its 8ms-response-time models to become mainstream in the first quarter of 2005.

Source : DigiTimes
Post #: 1
RE: ViewSonic and BenQ: LCD monitors with 8ms response ... - 8/30/2004 7:35:16 PM   
emperor

8ms response times, looks very nice!

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: ViewSonic and BenQ: LCD monitors with 8ms response ... - 8/31/2004 8:15:33 AM   
SiliconFreak

Just let them keep that pace...and i will surely reconsider about buying one LCD in near future...but till prices drop drastically and response times go down even more...not to talk about much wider viewing angle...and better colour quality within those viewing angles...I'll stick with my 19" CRT......DiamondTron just rocks

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 3
RE: ViewSonic and BenQ: LCD monitors with 8ms response ... - 8/31/2004 10:23:17 AM   
sp

Does anyone know who is the actual LCD manufacturer of the displays of these companies?

WM # CI

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 4
RE: ViewSonic and BenQ: LCD monitors with 8ms response ... - 8/31/2004 11:08:52 AM   
SiliconFreak

hi sp

I did a little research about your question...this is what i found...

""Needless to say, the outlook on Hitachi display technology has looked bleak. They stopped production on all CRT's a year ago and dedicated themselves to only LCD production. But how did they plan on stealing the attention away from the number one and number two producers of LCD substrates? By going to the number three producer of LCD screens, of course, AU Optronics. AUO, if you are not familiar, is a merger of Acer Display and Unipac Optoelectronics. Currently, AU Optronics produces the only 16ms response time LCDs on the market. Therefore, every 16ms LCD on the market right now will be some sort of variation on the same AUO screen. The Hitachi CML174 leads the pack in 16ms response time LCDs as far as popularity, but it should be mentioned that the Eizo and ViewSonic 16ms monitors are also manufactured with the same AUO panels. To briefly address the questions to those in our forums; there is no 16ms version of an 18'' or 19'' version of this panel yet, so we are limited to the smaller 17'' versions until large scale production begins on the bigger screens. (Samsung stated to us that they will be implementing their low response time technology on the larger monitors and working their way down instead).""

(here is the WHOLE STORY about this..but its not about LCD producers but about one Hitachi LCD..take a look if You wish)

So maybe it is AUO...at least for Viewsonic...and as they said there...that it was the only producer for 16ms panels at that time...so i guess they are the only one now also in 8ms market ...and I think its the same story with BenQ - to have AUO panels

Happy?

(in reply to sp)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> ViewSonic and BenQ: LCD monitors with 8ms response time to be mainstream in 1Q 05! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI