CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Unisys Reenters Enterprise Linux Segment!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 433 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Linux News >> Unisys Reenters Enterprise Linux Segment! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unisys Reenters Enterprise Linux Segment! - 8/30/2004 5:42:12 PM   
LinuxMarshall

Dynamic partitioning -- the ability to shift processing power to the applications that need it, with no human intervention -- is a crucial function for enterprises with complex and demanding workloads. It allows processors to be taken away from one application and given to another as the workload changes and while the application continues to run.

Unisys , which was not too enthusiastic about its Linux offering last year, is now positioning itself to be an enterprise Linux market leader with the launch of Linux for its ES7000 Intel-based servers.

The ES7000 enterprise server range, also dedicated to Windows , had previously supported SCO Linux until it was withdrawn early last year. Unisys is now reentering the Linux market working with Novell and Red Hat .

The move back to Linux, says Ron Tan, regional director, systems and technology, Unisys Asia South, was driven by several factors, especially demand by enterprise customers for industrial-strength Linux solutions.

According to him, there is a growing interest in open source for high-end machines but there is a lack of alternative solutions. Currently, the high-end market is dominated by certain companies focusing on proprietary Unix implementations.

Unisys, he says, intends to fill the void.
More...

Source : LinuxInsider
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Linux News >> Unisys Reenters Enterprise Linux Segment! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI