Use CD Doctor for checking your CDs, don't use Nero CD Speed. CD Doctor apears to be much more accurate for reporting errors, also it tells you C1 and C2 errors, instead of just C2. Just follow the info lised below (originally posted by John)
- Name: CD Doctor (Homepage)
- Download link #1 http://www.ucatv.ne.jp/~miyuri.sky/cdd/doctor_104.zip
(password to extract "grStencilFuncExt" - without the quotes)
or link #2 http://s501xx.s13.xrea.com:8080/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1413
or link #3 ftp://22.214.171.124/doctor_104.exe
- Propose: Can report C1/C2 errors with a variety of drives
- Price: Free!
- Language: For now (v1.04) only Japanese
- How to use: Click at the bottom right buttom to start measure. The tickbox on the bottom left will activate reading at full speed, else at ~12-15X. Note that with SANYO based drives (that includes their branded OEM), reading at full speed will produce non reliable results...LiteOn based drives will work ok even at maximum speed.