CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

e3Works, anyone know of them?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 561 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> e3Works, anyone know of them? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
e3Works, anyone know of them? - 8/28/2004 9:10:08 PM   
lexor

In my local stores I found new media (new to me) it's labeled as e3Works. But the only official-looking website I found for them doesn't list any DVD media, only CD.

So I'm hoping that someone here can shed some light on this media. (possibly manufactuer) as well as provide general opinion on it. The reason I don't want to just pass it by is because it comes in a spanking looking packaging (I use spanking in it's techincal sense) which doesn't seem like something a 2 bit operation company would bother to do.

I was gonna buy 1 sample, but 1st they don't sell it in singles, and 2nd (and this is a biggie) I'm not currently equiped with a DVD-Writer

linky if someone wants to see it
Post #: 1
RE: e3Works, anyone know of them? - 8/29/2004 10:20:35 AM   
emperor

No i don't know them, maybe Dolphy he can help, when return from his vacations

(in reply to lexor)
Post #: 2
RE: e3Works, anyone know of them? - 8/29/2004 1:21:37 PM   
panoramixx

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 3
RE: e3Works, anyone know of them? - 8/30/2004 8:07:30 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

E3 Works is sort of a budget brand. They buy a lot of cheap stuff for their OEM jobs, and their CD-Rs are CRAP! Currently, most of E3Works DVDRs seem to be Optodisc, which are good in some burners, and useless in others. Pioneer burners and hacked NEC 2500a's seem to work fairly well with them. Don't even bother trying if you own a Plextor. LG drives can be touch and go, but the results should be useable.

Hope that helps!

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to panoramixx)
Post #: 4
RE: e3Works, anyone know of them? - 8/31/2004 11:08:11 AM   
digitaldoc

I had a 200 pack of them of cd-r's. They were 48x certified according to the manufacturer. The first 100 burnt "ok," but my Benq would not recognize them at all, and the LiteOn 52246S with the latest firmware update limited them to 16x burn speed. The second hundred from the same pack seem to be defective thus far. I would stay away from this brands media.

TNL
LiteOn 1693S review
Plextor 740A review
BTC DVDRW 1008
LiteOn 852S

(in reply to Dolphinius_Rex)
Post #: 5
RE: e3Works, anyone know of them? - 8/31/2004 3:29:49 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

Their CD-Rs are often made by Postech.... quite an unstable CD-R manufacturer. E3works DVDRs *can* be much better... but like I said, it depends on your drive (and firmware).

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to digitaldoc)
Post #: 6
RE: e3Works, anyone know of them? - 9/14/2004 12:26:28 PM   
NotesGooRoo

I have a 50 pack of their CD-R discs which I got on freebate from OfficeMax. They are Ritek discs. I have never had a problem with these, and they work great with the Yamaha DiscT@2 because of their color.

They may be one of those labels who buys from the lowest bidder, so depending on lot, the actual manufacturer may change.

-NGR

(in reply to lexor)
Post #: 7
RE: e3Works, anyone know of them? - 9/27/2005 6:36:16 PM   
emmalee

e3works is a Canadian company.  There products are reliable and safe to purchase.  I've had no problems and if you do need customer support they have a website www.e3works.com .  I like supporting small Canadian businesses instead of the big corporate businesses.

(in reply to lexor)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> e3Works, anyone know of them? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI