CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Golden Monday For Half-Life 2 Comming?!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1667 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Golden Monday For Half-Life 2 Comming?! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Golden Monday For Half-Life 2 Comming?! - 8/28/2004 6:20:38 AM   
T3TRISizer

Valve head drops a golden bomb on the Half-Life 2 Fallout forums.

The long, dramatic saga of Half-Life 2's development cycle may finally be coming to a close. Earlier this evening, Gabe Newell, the head of Valve Software, left a short, but sweet post on the HL2Fallout.com forums, simply stating "We're going gold Monday..."

Earlier this week, Valve began preloading the highly-anticipated game through the company's Steam service. The only files that were uploaded were "set-in-stone" items, such as audio, textures and the like. But, if the game is indeed going gold as of this Monday, it could mean that a full, purchasable version of Half-Life 2 could be available practically as early as next week.

Source : GameSpot
Post #: 1
RE: Golden Monday For Half-Life 2 Comming?! - 8/28/2004 3:52:08 PM   
T3TRISizer

UPDATE TO THE NEWS ABOVE!

HL2 gold on Monday is hoax

A hoaxer caused a ruckus throughout the gaming community today with a post on the HL2Fallout.com forums saying that the eagerly-waited-and-then-some Half-Life 2 would go gold on Monday. The post simply said "We're going gold monday..." and purported to be from Valve Software's Gabe Newell. However, it now appears that Newell's account in the forum had been hacked and a proxy server used to make the post. Cleverly, the IP address used is, apparently, located in Seattle - home of Valve. A update made to the forums reads -

UPDATE
After a close scrutiny of Gabe Newell's account history on the forums, we've come to the conclusion that the gold post is a fake. While we can't be 100% certain at this stage, all indicators point towards someone hacking the forum account. That said, all Gabe's previous posts on these forums are quite legitimate.

We apologize for the confusion and will be investigating further. Theoretically, an IPB forum account should be very difficult to hack. Well, that was the theory at least. We'll keep you updated.
More...

Source : Ferrago

< Message edited by T3TRISizer -- 8/28/2004 3:53:17 PM >

(in reply to T3TRISizer)
Post #: 2
RE: Golden Monday For Half-Life 2 Comming?! - 8/28/2004 8:56:56 PM   
emperor

Wow, the Half Life 2 mistery continues...

(in reply to T3TRISizer)
Post #: 3
RE: Golden Monday For Half-Life 2 Comming?! - 8/29/2004 6:10:27 AM   
SiliconFreak

It would be kinda "strange" if they would really release it on Monday...because as far as I know...they've said that it wont be out before 2005...but hey...You never know...miracles do happen sometimes...

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 4
RE: Golden Monday For Half-Life 2 Comming?! - 8/30/2004 7:07:10 AM   
Leviathan

It's all about marketing I think...

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Golden Monday For Half-Life 2 Comming?! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI