CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Disc brands / place of manufacture   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1589 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> RE: Disc brands / place of manufacture Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Disc brands / place of manufacture - 12/17/2002 1:13:03 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

Too many possibilities [B)] oh well, I just won't buy any. My Nan-Ya Tech CD-RW is doing great....I still don't know who they are though. Has anyone ever heard of Nan-Ya Tech???

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to adelphia83)
Post #: 17
RE: Disc brands / place of manufacture - 12/17/2002 3:37:10 PM   
rjw

Nan Ya Tech is a Taiwanese companny for more info check:
http://opticaldisc.npc.com.tw

(in reply to adelphia83)
Post #: 18
RE: Disc brands / place of manufacture - 12/17/2002 11:03:03 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

Thank you! it appears I may be the first to run into a disc made by them though. SO I'll do my best to run it into the ground and report back

(in reply to adelphia83)
Post #: 19
RE: Disc brands / place of manufacture - 12/19/2002 11:48:44 AM   
rjw

No Nanya is not a new companny. They have been makeing disc's prety long. The have made 8x media so they are at least 2,5 years old.

(in reply to adelphia83)
Post #: 20
RE: Disc brands / place of manufacture - 12/20/2002 2:35:20 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

oops, I didn't mean they were new...what I meant was I don't think anyone else has run into them yet, or at least no one has reported on them at all that I have seen.

(in reply to adelphia83)
Post #: 21
RE: Disc brands / place of manufacture - 12/20/2002 11:40:26 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

I picked up some 8cm CD-Rs today because I wanted to try the high capacity 28min 8cm discs. I recently was given an 8cm CD MP3 player, and thought the high capacity CD-Rs would work great with it. Well, unfortunatly, the CD-Rs were so incredibly horrible that they don't even work in it! THe CD-Rs were branded Melody, and I believe the manufacturer to be DST, however I am unsure. I am fairly sure that they are made by the same manufacturer as the "unknown" disc in the CMC media agreement testing, as they have the same type serial number. Well, all I can say is I'm sorry I bought them, and I want to warn everyone against this brand melody! The first CD-R I burned at the recommended 24x, and it came back with hundreds of C2 errors on each sector starting on the FIRST sector, until about 1/3 of the disc, then there was only C1 errors. The second time I tried I burned the CD-R at 4x in the hopes of getting something that I couple play on my mini player. Well, there were still hundreds of C2 errors, but comparativly much less. I don't think I'm going to bother burning the other 8pcs I bought [:(!]. If anyone wants any specific info about these Discs I'd be happy to provide it.

(in reply to adelphia83)
Post #: 22
RE: Disc brands / place of manufacture - 12/20/2002 12:55:10 PM   
rjw

Melody was also the brand that had weird 90(or 99 but I thought it were 90 minutes) minutes disc's which only work with a few burners(No Lite On/Yamaha/Plextor)
Melody is one of the brands from
Everreach Technology Corp

They claim to have everything them selves.
However third party information says different.It looks like they only put there brand on them or are useing stampers from third parties.
However some atip codes belong to compannies I have never heard of shipping stampers to third parties.(CMC Magnetics)
Since there really is a lot of difference between manufacturer atip with these guys. I don't think that they have own production facilities.

2nd you won't be the first to test Nanya disc's.
No I know this one was based on NERO cd speed.But just to proof you won't be the first. If I am correct even one of the European Magazines have tested Nanya disc's. (Would be with a CDA3000/CDA3002 analyzer)
(But there are also some more nice WSES images for Mitsubishi Chemicals CD-RW media on it.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=d35e38188563dab7baea95fb12933e7a&threadid=60316

(in reply to adelphia83)
Post #: 23
RE: Disc brands / place of manufacture - 12/20/2002 9:19:51 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

oh okay! interesting to see a 16x CD-RW! too bad it scored low.

This is my first experience with melody, and it'll probably be my last!

anybody know where I can find alternative 28min 8cm CD-Rs??? I relly want some of the higher capacity ones for my player

(in reply to adelphia83)
Post #: 24
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> RE: Disc brands / place of manufacture Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI