CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

CD Launch Of SP2 Ready!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 682 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> CD Launch Of SP2 Ready! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CD Launch Of SP2 Ready! - 8/24/2004 9:14:03 AM   
WinThusiast

Those who don't want to download the mega-patch should be able to find it on CD 'throughout September', says Microsoft

For the nearly 71 percent of the UK who still use dial-up Internet connections, XP SP2 will soon be at hand without a long download. However, for users who think Microsoft will make XP harder to get into than Fort Knox with a rusty spoon, Microsoft isn't so sure.

While Microsoft has begun the lengthy process of feeding XP SP2 to users via its various online update services, it's counting on the first batch of CDs to carry the hard-copy service pack to appear sharpish.

A hard copy of SP2 is likely to be very popular among home users in particular. When Microsoft took the decision to send out a collection of several months' worth of security patches on a single CD, users clamoured for their copy. The reaction is expected to be overwhelming for XP SP2, with over one million CDs being prepped for SP2-hungry consumers.

The first CDs are expected to be available from next month, Paul Randle, Windows client manager, told ZDNet UK's sister site silicon.com. The CDs will start to be released free with PC-focused magazines "throughout September", he said, but the precise dates will "depend on print schedules".

Source : Silicon
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> CD Launch Of SP2 Ready! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI