CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Microsoft Revisits Web Service Plan!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 808 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Microsoft Revisits Web Service Plan! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Microsoft Revisits Web Service Plan! - 8/24/2004 9:02:35 AM   
WinThusiast

Although Microsoft Office generates between 30 and 50 percent of the software giant's revenue each year, Microsoft is concerned about slowing sales of the last two releases, Office 2003 and Office XP.

To jumpstart Office revenues, the company is reviving some older, previously abandoned strategies, such as subscription web services, as it copes with an interim Office release, Office 12.

Until recently, Microsoft had planned to launch Office 12 with the desktop version of Longhorn, the often-delayed next major Windows version.

The problems facing the Office team are obvious. Although most Office applications are decades-old, mature products, they've also grown stale.

Nevertheless, convincing customers to upgrade to newer versions is increasingly difficult. After all, what more can the company add to its stalwart word processing solution, Microsoft Office Word?

Source : ITNews
Post #: 1
RE: Microsoft Revisits Web Service Plan! - 8/25/2004 4:56:23 AM   
sp

quote:

Microsoft Office generates between 30 and 50 percent of the software giant's revenue each year,...

I think this was years (too many years) ago...

In fact newer word, excell and access versions have little (if any) new features justifying paying for an upgrade.

WM # CI

(in reply to WinThusiast)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Microsoft Revisits Web Service Plan! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI