CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Brazilian Banking Customers Should Beware Of The Phish! Sophos Reports On Trojan Horses!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 694 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Brazilian Banking Customers Should Beware Of The Phish! Sophos Reports On Trojan Horses! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Brazilian Banking Customers Should Beware Of The Phish!... - 8/23/2004 7:00:22 PM   
SiliconFreak

Experts at Sophos have warned computer users about Trojan horses that try to fool users of a number of banks into entering their account details.

The Troj/Banker-AR Trojan horse and Troj/Banker-K Trojan horse are designed to steal information from users of a number of Brazilian online banks.

Once a computer is infected with one of the Trojans internet activity is monitored, and if it is determined that the computer user is visiting one of a number of Brazilian banking websites a fake login page is displayed.

"The fake forms popped up by the Trojan horses are intended to steal confidential login information such as account numbers and passwords," said Graham Cluley, senior technology consultant for Sophos. "Unlike traditional 'phishing' attacks the way these Trojan horses work means that the user can have their credentials stolen even if they have visited a legitimate banking site. It's not the website that tricks them, but the Trojan horse working in the background."

Although these particular Trojan horses only target users of Brazilian banks, Sophos warns that computer criminals can easily adapt the trick for use against any website.

"All computer users should be running an up-to-date anti-virus as well as protecting their PC with firewall technology. This, combined with the safe computing practice of exercising caution over what you choose to run on your computer, can dramatically reduce the risks of these kind of attacks," continued Cluley.

Source : Sophos
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Brazilian Banking Customers Should Beware Of The Phish! Sophos Reports On Trojan Horses! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI