CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Plextor PX-712SA SATA DVD±RW Review!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1563 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> Plextor PX-712SA SATA DVD±RW Review! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Plextor PX-712SA SATA DVD±RW Review! - 8/23/2004 10:42:14 AM   
SiliconFreak

Just like its PATA IDE brother, the PX-712SA is a great DVD and CD writer. Plextor is known for high quality and high performance, and I have yet to come across a Plextor drive that doesn't offer just that. Over the last four years or so, I've used at least five Plextor drives regularly and have yet to have a problem with one of them.

While you can get less expensive drives than what Plextor offers, you will be hard-pressed to find a competing drive that offers equivalent features, quality and performance. I think that almost every user would be happy with at least a couple of those extra features once they understood and started to use them. If you are looking for a new DVD burner, I highly recommend carefully taking a look at the PX-712A or PX-712SA and all the features they offer.
Full Review...

Pros:
Great performance
SATA interface on an optical drive is great!
Solid bundle, especially PlexTools
Great features

Cons:
No DL support
Not the cheapest drive around

Final Score: 9 out of 10 and the Golden Bear Award

Source : TweakZone

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Plextor PX-712SA SATA DVD±RW Review! - 8/23/2004 8:30:53 PM   
emperor

wondering if they faced any DVD-R writing problems, like we had, i think we will wait until a new firmware comes out, even with so many new 16X recorders keep pumping out...no time for "older" 12X reviews

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> Plextor PX-712SA SATA DVD±RW Review! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI