CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Disposable Digital Camera!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 730 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Disposable Digital Camera! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Disposable Digital Camera! - 8/19/2004 4:30:43 PM   
SiliconFreak

Drug store chain CVS Corp says it'll offer the world's first disposable digital camera "with a bright color viewing screen that allows consumers to instantly preview pictures," says a Reuters story here.

Priced at $19.99, the camera relies on a system developed by Pure Digital Technologies and, "marks an evolution from the first generation of one-time use digital cameras sold in U.S. retail chains, including Walgreen's, for the past year. This older line had no ability to instantly review photos."

The camera has a 1.4" LCD screen so users can preview pix, delete and re-shoot, says Reuters, adding:

"Other features include a fully automatic flash, metered exposure control and a 10-second self-timer function. Consumers can return the camera to CVS stores for processing and receive film-quality prints and a compact disc that allows pictures to be stored or e-mailed, CVS said.

"A second model, the CVS Digital One-Time-Use Camera with Delete Feature, offers the same features but without the LCD preview screen. It's priced at $9.99. Both cameras hold 25 pictures and can be recycled after processing."

Source : PDT
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Disposable Digital Camera! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI