CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Lindows/Linspire Pulls IPO!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 962 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Linux News >> Lindows/Linspire Pulls IPO! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Lindows/Linspire Pulls IPO! - 8/19/2004 3:50:59 PM   
LinuxMarshall

Lindows has postponed its initial public offering, citing adverse market conditions.

Originally hoping to sell 4.4 million shares for between $9 and $11, the company withdrew the IPO following an August 11 price cut in the shares to $5 to $7.

"Lindows won't be forced into a cut-rate IPO by a fickle stock market," said Michael Robertson, Lindows chairman and CEO, in a statement. "We are fortunate to have cash in the bank, and we owe it to our stockholders to wait until market conditions and public company valuations improve before we proceed with a public offering."

The scrappy company was embroiled in legal battles with Microsoft , which sued the company for trademark infringement in the United States and abroad. The Linux purveyor finally settled with Microsoft in July.

In return for $20 million, Lindows agreed to change its name and assign all related Lindows-related domains that it owned to Microsoft.

Although the company changed its name to Linspire, it registered with the SEC to go public under the Lindows moniker.

The company did not withdraw its SEC registration, leaving the door open to going public later.

Source : InternetNews
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Linux News >> Lindows/Linspire Pulls IPO! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI