CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Big Graphics For The Small Screen   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 540 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> Big Graphics For The Small Screen Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Big Graphics For The Small Screen - 8/19/2004 3:41:04 PM   
SiliconFreak

Television producers are turning to computer game developers to recreate history. Digital trickery is commonplace in Hollywood blockbusters, but even small-budget TV productions can now use realistic game graphics to enable viewers to step back in time.

The 13-part Decisive Battles series, screening on pay television's History Channel in October, uses the strategy game Rome: Total War to put viewers in the midst of epic battles.

Out next month, the game can display an astonishing 48,000 soldiers on screen at once. Battle tactics of the Roman era were meticulously researched by developers The Creative Assembly. Players can control more than 100 types of soldiers, assign attack formations and use battering rams, elephants and chariots.

The Creative Assembly's marketing manger, Ian Roxburgh, says scenes for the TV program, such as Hannibal's defeat of the Romans, were created using a tool that players can use to construct scenarios.

"We then played the battle as you normally would in the game," he says. "The whole battle can then be saved and played back in real time."
Full Story...

Source : LiveWire
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> Big Graphics For The Small Screen Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI