CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Crucial Ballistix PC-4000 DDR Review!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 513 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> Crucial Ballistix PC-4000 DDR Review! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Crucial Ballistix PC-4000 DDR Review! - 8/18/2004 7:36:10 PM   
SiliconFreak

Overall Crucial is back in the forefront of overclocking. Sure we didn't run our ram too far up the scale over its specified speed, but DDR500 at below spec voltage and DDR400 at low latencies is a good thing since some of the ram that we've tested previous to our last review wasn't as versatile. Only our previous review of the 3200XL from Corsair showed signs of being as capable as the Crucial at low speed low latency settings, while still having the ability to running high speed with looser timings. At DDR400, Crucial has made their mark with a approx 150mbs advantage at the same timings compared to their competition. Of course, running the default timings at DDR500 proved to not too difficult for the Ballistix memory, although we did witness a little instability running past that spec, but that has more to do with our CPU FSB max of 250 than anything else since we were able to tighten the timings a little bit to 2.5-3-3-6-1T at 2.85v which tells us that the Ballistix has approximately around 15 more MHz left on it, but again that's just an estimate, and if we had the ability to go beyond the DDR500 level we surely would love to show you. Other than that small issue, we can conclude that the new Ballistix lineup from Crucial represents a new chapter form the company, and that's always good news news for us overclockers.... ClubOC recommends the Ballistix...
Complete Review...

Source : ClubOverClocker

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> Crucial Ballistix PC-4000 DDR Review! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI