From: Sunnyvale, CA (Unite
1) Normally caused by CDR or CDRW media the recorder is unable to work with. Could be defective, or just not compatible with the recorder.
2) Cables are known to cause this, loose cables, damaged cables, 40pin cables when you should be using the 80pin High end cables, etc.
3) Defective recorders are known to cause this.
4) If the drive is being polled by another software, it could hang the bus...
5) USB devices connectd to the system can cause this at time, though rarely.