CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Google's Auction Starting...   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1065 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Google's Auction Starting... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Google's Auction Starting... - 8/16/2004 7:47:38 AM   
SiliconFreak

Friday the 13th was decision day for investors weighing whether to bid for shares in Google Inc.'s initial public offering. The big question now is, how many of them were feeling lucky on an unlucky day.

Luck may end up being a big factor in the unconventional auction that the Web's most popular search engine is using to price its IPO, which Google adopted to attract everyday investors who usually can't get in on a share offering.

While that creates a chance for investors to get in at the starting price, it also means that they will have to compute the price they want to pay and a number of shares they want based on their view of what Google is worth, no easy task.

Google is expecting its shares to be priced between $108 and $135, which, at the high-end, values the company at 188 times its earnings over the last four quarters, compared with a trailing ratio of just over 100 for close rival Yahoo Inc.

Nearly a dozen investors and analysts who are disclosing their pricing expectations are predicting that Google's shares will be priced between $70 and $115 per share.

Full Story...

Source : PeopleDaily
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Google's Auction Starting... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI