CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

China's World's First IPV6 Router For Next Generation Internet!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1322 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> China's World's First IPV6 Router For Next Generation Internet! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
China's World's First IPV6 Router For Next Generation I... - 8/14/2004 7:39:53 AM   
SiliconFreak

China has developed the world's first IPV6 router for the next generation of the Internet, Chinese scientists said Friday.

A panel of 11 Chinese scientists commissioned by the Ministry of Education said the router, which was developed by Professor Zhang Hongke with Beijing Communications University and his team, is the core part of wireless/mobile IP network technology for the next generation of the Internet.

The scientists, including Chen Junliang, member of the prestigious Chinese Academy of Sciences, reached the conclusion after their appraisal of the latest product.

The experts said Internet Protocol IPV6, based on 128-bit Internet address space, will help create almost unlimited usable IP address space resources to meet increasing demand. Current Internet Protocol is based on 32 bit Internet address space.

According to forecasts by the Ministry of Information Industry,Internet subscribers will skyrocket to 300 million by 2007 in China.

Source : Xinhua
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> China's World's First IPV6 Router For Next Generation Internet! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI