CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Voodoo Envy M:860 - AMD 64-bit REVIEW!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 720 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> Voodoo Envy M:860 - AMD 64-bit REVIEW! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Voodoo Envy M:860 - AMD 64-bit REVIEW! - 8/13/2004 8:35:14 PM   
SiliconFreak

After it taking some time to get some MP3 players down the hatch, we can bring more notebooks reviews to you on a timely basis. Since our last mobile article, a few things have made their way to the mobile industry press, namely Dothan. The cliff note version in a few words: Dothan is good. It should make things a bit more interesting for the ultraportable and thin and light market, and we should have some notebooks with Dothan up for review soon.

And while Pentium-M continues its life in the notebook market with which we are traditionally familiar, AMD and Intel desktop processors continue to make their way into desktop replacement systems. While the processors in DTR systems may never be exactly up to the same speeds as the fastest of those in actual desktops, they are still marking their spot as mobile workstations.

Recently, we have been really seeing some DTR systems hit high notes in terms of performance compared to their desktop counterparts. A lot of the more performance-light DTRs in the past have been using Pentium-Ms, but there has been a lot of scaling up to the beefier DTR notebooks that use Athlon 64 processors, Intel Pentium 4 Extreme Edition, or Prescotts. This type of notebook, though not really mobile, seem to be more popular than ever these days, which brings us to Voodoo's Envy M:860, an Athlon 64 notebook with a nice widescreen display.
Full Review...

Source : AnandTech
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> Voodoo Envy M:860 - AMD 64-bit REVIEW! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI