CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Hourly Anti-virus Updates From Kaspersky Labs!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1302 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Hourly Anti-virus Updates From Kaspersky Labs! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hourly Anti-virus Updates From Kaspersky Labs! - 8/13/2004 7:58:09 PM   
SiliconFreak

Kaspersky Labs, a provider of products that protect against viruses, hackers and spam, has said that it is the first anti-virus company to provide scheduled hourly updates.

Before this, the Kaspersky anti-virus database updates have been released every three hours for downloading via the Internet.

According to the company, the number of malicious programs detected by the Kaspersky Anti-Virus databases have increased considerably over the last five years. This is reportedly due to the fact that up to several hundred new viruses appear every day.

Kaspersky says that 63 updates were released in 2000, 205 in 2001, 652 in 2002, 818 in 2003, and this year more than 1,500 anti-virus database updates have already been released. According to estimates from Kaspersky Labs virus analysts, by the end of 2004 at least 5,000 scheduled updates will have been released.

Source : M2 COMMUNICATIONS
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Hourly Anti-virus Updates From Kaspersky Labs! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI