CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Trojan Bites Symbian Phones!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 998 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Trojan Bites Symbian Phones! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Trojan Bites Symbian Phones! - 8/13/2004 7:43:26 PM   
SiliconFreak

If your mobile phone is running the Symbian operating system, you could be vulnerable to a new Trojan horse program, contained in an illegally adapted version of the game Mosquitos.

The pirated game, dubbed Mosquitos v2.0, can be found on 'warez' Web sites (illegal software download sites) and on peer-to-peer (P-2-P) networks, according to Symbian representatives. They say that during game play, the Trojan may cause the phone to send text messages to premium rate numbers in the United Kingdom, Germany, the Netherlands, and Switzerland, without the user's approval or knowledge.

The cracked Mosquitos game runs only on phones using the Series 60 User Interface platform. After the game is loaded, the startup screen--which most users tend to breeze past without reading--clearly notes that the affected version of Mosquitos "has been cracked by Soddom Bin Loader."

Users can remove the Trojan simply by uninstalling the game, says Symbian. The company also says phones that use the UIQ user interface platform (from Sony Ericsson and Motorola) will be unaffected by the Trojan.

Source : PCWorld
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Trojan Bites Symbian Phones! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI