CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

HDTV From ATI - Bring Digital TV To Your PC!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 814 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> HDTV From ATI - Bring Digital TV To Your PC! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HDTV From ATI - Bring Digital TV To Your PC! - 8/13/2004 9:38:59 AM   
SiliconFreak

HDTV Wonder snags free high-definition transmissions for budget viewing.

Hesitant to drop thousands on a new television just to get high-definition broadcasts? Who could blame you, what with the ongoing confusion about whether you can get HD, how many channels you can get, and whether you can record it. But here's a stopgap: ATI's HDTV Wonder, a $200 PCI card that brings over-the-air HDTV to your computer.

Besides receiving both analog and free digital TV, the HDTV Wonder has digital video recorder functions, so you can watch, pause, and record these transmissions, and save them to your system's hard drive, to CD, or to DVD. Your PC must have an ATI Radeon graphics card (with DirectX 9), which will cost at least an additional $150 if you don't already have one.

The HDTV Wonder, released this summer, comes with some extras. Included are a remote control for Media Center-like PCs that operate in the living room; a small HDTV antenna (usually around $40 when sold separately); and a breakout box to import video from an analog camcorder or VCR. Thankfully, almost any PC monitor has sufficient resolution to do HD broadcasts justice.

The antenna helps determine whether you can get over-the-air HD. Broadcasters have been required by the FCC since May 2002 to transmit digital signals in addition to the analog ones they've been pushing since the dawn of television. But digital signals must overcome the same problems as the old analog ones: terrain and distance.

More...

Source : PCWorld
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> HDTV From ATI - Bring Digital TV To Your PC! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI