CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

McAfee Statement On Microsoft SP2 for XP!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 514 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> McAfee Statement On Microsoft SP2 for XP! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
McAfee Statement On Microsoft SP2 for XP! - 8/13/2004 9:29:03 AM   
SiliconFreak

With the release of Microsoft XP Service Pack 2, an increased number of calls have been received by Sensible Security Solutions regarding the functionality and compatibility of McAfee Security software. McAfee has released its Executive summary and FAQ that can be found by searching for KB37840 at the following web address:

http://mysupport.nai.com

Once the service pack has been installed, the XP firewall will be enabled by default and may prevent some applications from communicating over the network. McAfee has provided a detailed list of actions that will be required to maintain functionality of the current products and expects the next versions to require no user intervention. The product compatibility chart from the article can be found below. Sensible Security Solutions is currently performing in-house testing on the final release of the Windows XP SP2 for compatibility issues with the software listed below. Should you have any questions or concerns about this or other Anti-virus or IT Security related issues, please do not hesitate to contact Sensible Security Solutions.

Click HERE for Complete article + Compatibility Chart...

Source : SSS
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> McAfee Statement On Microsoft SP2 for XP! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI