CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Virus War Depends On Speed!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1325 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Virus War Depends On Speed! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Virus War Depends On Speed! - 8/12/2004 11:48:17 AM   
SiliconFreak

Goose's line from the movie Top Gun, "I have a need for speed," expresses his love of the adrenalin rush he gets from supersonic flight. IT security managers may not describe their fight against computer viruses quite so dramatically, but the need for speed is very much a part of their daily existence.

As variants of computer viruses proliferate and threat levels rise, ever more diligence is needed to keep up with information required to prevent network infections.

The virus Bagle.aq, the 34th variant of the Bagle worm, was released Monday and within minutes became a mid-level threat.

It has nine aliases, depending on the naming conventions used by individual anti-virus product vendors.

Threat levels are differently defined by different anti-virus product vendors, too, but they can all generally be categorized as low, medium or high threats based on the speed with which the virus spreads and its potential for damage.
Read more...

Source : CANOE News
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Virus War Depends On Speed! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI